Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Story, WY and tranfers

This past week has just been super fun. Nothing real big but there just weren't many problems or disturbances which was kind of strange. It just felt like a goodbye week. We went down to Story, Wy earlier this week to help a lady move BUT she hired movers so we couldn't help because of legal stuff with the company so we went down to this fish hatchery down the street and looked at fish! Story is SUPER pretty! SISTER DUFFY GOT BAPTIZED!!! It was soooo amazing!! She asked me to do the confirmation which was so cool!  
Sister Duffy's baptism


D&C sec 18:15 
And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people,and bring,

 save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
 16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!
This scripture was a big push for me to come out on my mission. I love this church! 

So, the day of the baptism was transfer call day. Elder Richards got transferred to Rapid City, SD. He's going to be a district leader up there. He's going to do so great he was the best trainer ever! Probably one of my best friends now! I'm training a new missionary! I believe I'm the only one from my MTC district that's training. It's a huge responsibility that I'm going to knock out of the park! I'm so excited!! We're down in Gillette right now until the "transfer train" gets here on Wednesday

Fish Hatchery in Story, WY
Fish Hatchery in Story, WY

Elders and Fish Hatchery in Story, WY

That's so sweet you're trying to get to the temple every week! That's what I've been planning on doing once I get home to try and go once a week. We have the Billings, Montana temple but it's not in our mission boundaries so the only temple we could ever go to is the Bismark, ND. So I probably won't be able to go to the temple for 2 years but hey, I'm called to do the work for the living, not the dead.

About a month ago at a funeral Elder Richards and I were able to sit on the stand with the Bishop! Like son, like father? Hahaha :) Don't forget to wear a suit jacket or else you'll look pretty funny up there!

I'm hand writing a letter but I haven't been able to finish it quite yet, but that letter Mom sent about Sam bearing his testimony was THE GREATEST thing I've ever read in my life. I'm so happy his faith is growing in the church. That made me so happy I can't even describe it. I'm so glad I'm able to be that example for him.

Welp, I think that's it for now. I'll try to send as many of these sweet pictures I took. I love you guys so much! Pray for anything and everything! Heavenly Father is waiting to bless us, we just need to ask.
Love you!
Elder Autrey

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful area! How cool that Sam bore his testimony. I would love to have heard that. And whoever is going to the Temple each week...that's amazing! I go every month and that get's hard some times. Congrats on the Baptism!

    ReplyDelete