Monday, May 5, 2014

First Week in South Dakota, I mean Wyoming

Hey!

Did you get the picture of my working in the Bishops yard? The bishop's wife sent it to your phone so idk. I'm not positive what address you're supposed to send me stuff with so I'll send you a letter when I find out and let you know. But yeah, so I'm in Sheridan, Wyoming actually. It's real north almost to Montana. I love it here! We live in a pink building above a jewelry shop and next to a liquor shop downtown. We have the biggest apartment which is sweet but it's the oldest. I think I took some pictures of it actually! I'll look and stick them on here if so. We don't have a dishwasher though... haha. My companion is amazing! We're exactly alike, have the same humor, same background, pretty sweet! Except he's from Utah. :) All the members love that I'm from Texas and not from Utah! It's pretty funny actually! I gave a pretty awesome testimony yesterday and I think it pumped everyone up and got them to trust me. We've been teaching about 2-3 lessons a day since I got here on Wednesday. The wards not too big and there's not many investigators at all. We're working mostly with less-actives. But we have one investigator who is just amazing! He's name is Matt and he basically does our job for us! We give him the pamphlets and he reads them then commits himself to pray about them and to help with what he's going through. He's been extremely blessed because of it! It's insane!! 

The lady in the picture is Barbra from the MTC who bought your books!
Then that's some of my district from the MTC in the mission home!

We have a car! Don't really need a bike out here. I'm getting one from the mission office soon to go mountain biking though! and no it's just us 2 in the apartment.
Were at the church on their computers checking our emails.
My companion is Elder Richards! He's so cool! His dad went to England too!
I've made salsa the past 2 nights! He loves it so much!

Gangsta! Y'all should send me a lot of letters! Letters are awesome! :D

I love you too!!
Son :)  (Because I ended mine with "Mom")

(Written to Pat)

Well, I'm actually in Sheridan, Wyoming! My companion and I have our own apartment right in the middle of downtown. I love it! We don't have a dishwasher though.. I made salsa the past two days and Elder Richards and I have been devouring it every night. We live above a jewelry shop which is cool I guess and next down to a liquor shop BUT there's a DQ next door to that!! Elder Richards and I are exactly alike, it's kinda crazy. We have the same background and like the same stuff and have the same type of humor. He plays guitar which is awesome! We jammed last night with one of our investigators Matt. We share a car with the other Elders out here. We get it Sunday-Tuesday. That's crazy that Tate's already shooting up. It's not even been a month since I've been gone!? I got socks and a cord for my camera so I'll get some pictures for yall. Our ward is kinda small and they don't sing which really bums me out but it's okay! They're all about missionary work so it's a good trade off!

















No comments:

Post a Comment